University of Michigan-Dearborn
Office of Business Affairs
1110 Administration Building
Dearborn, MI 48128-1491
What We Do
The Vice Chancellor for Business Affairs, who functions as a senior officer of the University, reports directly to the Chancellor and is responsible for the following units that comprise Business Affairs:
- Facilities Operations
- Financial, Budget & General Services
- Henry Ford Estate
- Human Resources
- Public Safety
(Business Affairs is a non-academic division of the campus. If you are interested in information regarding the College of Business and its academic business courses, please visit the College of Business.)
The Vice Chancellor for Business Affairs also has Delegation of Signature Authority for a number of documents and contracts including lease of outside facilities and commitments to environmental health and safety programs.
Assistant to the Vice Chancellor: Judith Modelski (313-436-9158)
Please contact for assistance to file Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests.
- UM-Ann Arbor FOIA information including how to file a FOIA request
- UM-Dearborn Administrative Guide FOIA information
Senior Executive Secretary: Jody Pear (313-593-5110)
Please contact for assistance to process insurance claims or request fine arts insurance coverage and to report incidents involving workplace illness and injuries/accidents and receive authorization for treatment.
- How to process insurance claims and request fine arts insurance
- How to report workplace illness/injuries/accidents and receive medical treatment authorization (including the Work~Connection's Illness or Injury Report Form and map/information for Midwest Health Center, P.C./Metropolitan Airport Office Center in Romulus)