Ways to Give


                There are many ways to make a gift to UM-Dearborn!


Gifts that make an immediate impact


Your gift may provide you with federal and state income tax benefits:

 - If you itemize deductions on your federal income tax return, you may be able to deduct your contribution to U-M from your adjusted gross income. In addition, gifts of appreciated property avoid long term capital gains tax. Check with your tax advisor for deduction and capital gains tax requirements and limitations for your situation.

 - Your state may also allow a credit or deduction. For example, Michigan residents may take a credit against state tax of 50 cents for each dollar of their gift to U-M, with a maximum tax credit of $100 for taxpayers filing singly or $200 on a joint return.


Use of Your Gift:

 - If you wish to designate your gift for a specific purpose: To ensure that your intentions are fulfilled, we encourage you to talk with a member of the Development staff at (313) 593-5130.

 - If you wish to make a planned or estate gift, contact a member of our Development Staff.

 - If you don't specify a purpose: The school or college that you have designated to receive the gift will use your gift as unrestricted support for areas of greatest need.