12th Grade Checklist
- Don't get "Senioritis!" Your senior courses and grades do make a difference. Notify the schools you have applied to if there is a change in your grades or course schedule.
- You can still take or retake the SAT I and ACT but make sure the test scores can be sent to your chosen schools before the application deadline. See your counselor for test dates and application deadlines.
- Apply to several schools, including "dream" schools and "safety" schools. Competition for college admission varies every year. Work hard and apply to your "dream" schools, but be prepared by applying to a "safety" school, just in case.
- Continue to visit colleges that you missed during the summer.
- Send your college applications in early. Provide all requested materials, e.g., recommendations, transcripts, test scores, and essays. If necessary, ask your counselor about a waiver for the application fee.
- Applying for financial aid? Send in the required forms (FAF, FFS or FAFSA). You should be able to get them from the guidance office at your high school. Submit them in January or February for early processing.
- After you've decided on the college you plan to attend, you should notify all other colleges of your decision.