Welcome to the University of Michigan-Dearborn!
We are excited to have you join us on campus to continue your educational journey with us. Orientation is designed to provide you resources to help you succeed academically, adjust to collegiate life, and meet new friends and peers along the way. We are all looking forward to meeting you and supporting you through your years here with the University of Michigan-Dearborn.
Welcome to the Michigan family and GO BLUE!
Assistant Director for Orientation Programs
Four Phases of Orientation
Fall 2013 Transfer Orientation Dates and Times
The transfer orientation sessions are designed to give you all of the pertinent information you will need to fully prepare yourself for the upcoming semester. The sessions will cover all general aspects of the University. Orientation is required to meet with your academic advisor in order to register for your Fall semester courses.
Day and evening sessions are available to accommodate your schedule. The sessions offer an introduction to the student services and departments that are available to help you navigate around the campus. Your academic advisor will advise you in creating your Fall semester schedule. Finally, the Orientation Leaders will help you with web registration so that you can get set with your classes for the Fall semester. Check-in starts a half hour before each program begins. Students must register in advance to attend an orientation session.
- Friday, April 19 (2:00-6:00 pm)
- Thursday, May 16 (4:00-8:00 pm)
- Tuesday, May 28 (9:00 am-1:00 pm)
- Tuesday, June 18 (2:00-6:00 pm)
- Thursday, June 27 (4:00-8:00 pm) *
- Monday, July 8 (2:00-6:00 pm) *
- Friday, July 12 (9:00 am-1:00 pm)
- Tuesday, July 16 (4:00-8:00 pm) *
- Tuesday, July 23 (2:00-6:00 pm)
- Tuesday, July 30 (9:00 am-1:00 pm) *
- Thursday, August 8 (4:00-8:00 pm)
- Tuesday, August 13 (9:00 am-1:00 pm) *
- Tuesday, August 20 (9:00 am-1:00 pm)
- Friday, August 23 (2:00-6:00 pm) *
- Monday, August 26 (4:00-8:00 pm)
- Wednesday, August 28 (2:00-6:00 pm) *
- Friday, August 30 (9:00 am-1:00 pm) *
*College of Arts, Sciences, and Letters and Secondary Education Majors Only
Please register by selecting your Academic Unit below. You will choose your Orientation and Placement Exam dates on the registration form.
If you wish to change your major, please contact the Office of Admissions and Orientation at 313-593-5100 to speak with an admissions counselor. Depending on the change, your file may need to be reviewed again to determine admissibility to your new major. Attending the correct Orientation Session based on your academic unit/major at time of admission is essential.