Applying for Admission as a Transfer Student
By completing the admissions application, you are automatically considered for some transfer scholarships (others may require a separate application). Applications are accepted until the first day of classes each semester. However, it is recommended that you apply 6-9 months in advance. All components of an application are reviewed personally by an Admissions Counselor.
Admission criteria for Transfers include*:
- The complete Transfer Requirements by Academic Unit (before proceeding, please review)
- Academic performance in all college course work (specifically grades earned)
- Trend of grades and mix of academic courses
How to Apply:
- Submit your Online Application**.
(By applying online, your $30 fee is waived and you can check your application status online.)
- Request official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities you have attended to be sent directly to the University of Michigan-Dearborn. Failure to disclose all schools you have attended may result in revocation of admission.
- Send all materials to the Office of Admissions and Orientation.
* If you have completed fewer than 24 credit hours, you must submit your final, official high school transcript and test scores. To request your high school transcripts, you may fill out the High School Transcript Request Form and submit it to your High School Counseling Office.