Summer Orientation is a half-day program designed to assist incoming freshmen and transfer students starting their classes at UM-Dearborn during the summer semester.
The orientation session emphasizes all of the tools you will need in order to be successful.
- Learn about academics at the University
- Learn about the University’s expectations
- Find out how to get involved on campus
- Learn about the facilities and resources available to you
- Meet other incoming students as well as current students who can give you a glimpse into campus life
- Select and register for classes for the upcoming Summer and Fall semesters
- Be reassured that the University of Michigan-Dearborn is the right place for you to continue your education
- April 15, 2014 (3 - 6 pm)
- April 29, 2014 (5 - 8 pm)
If you have any questions or concerns, please call 313-593-5100.
Information for New Freshmen starting in Summer 2014
Incoming Freshmen beginning classes in the Summer 2014 semester will not attend Summer Orientation. To prepare for the upcoming Summer and Fall semesters, you are required to:
- Participate in a one-on-one meeting with the Assistant Director for Orientation Programs to review the Orientation checklist for Summer and Fall semesters.
- Sign up for a one-on-one academic advising appointment for Summer classes.
- Reserve your place for Placement Exams
- Sign up for Fall Freshman Orientation
For more information, please contact Kevin Lewtschanyn, Assistant Director for Orientation Programs, at 313-593-5100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.