Basic Admission Requirements
The University of Michigan-Dearborn serves highly motivated candidates whose accomplishments suggest the ability to successfully complete a rigorous program of graduate studies. Applicants are advised that additional admissions requirements may be needed for certain programs. Please refer to the representative websites for each program and the Graduate Catalog for specific requirements. The following list generalizes our requirements for admission consideration.
- A completed graduate admissions application and application fee.
- Official transcripts showing conferral of a U.S. bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution.
- An undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (some exceptions are occasionally made on a probationary basis).
- Some programs require letters of recommendations and/or official standardized test scores, such as, the GMAT or GRE. Please review the graduate program's website for specific program application requirements.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must provide an official score report from either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) or the Michigan English Language Battery (MELAB).