We are responsible for maintaining the following:
- 21 elevators
- 279 road, walk, and parking lot pole lights
- At least 1,260 individual pieces of electro mechanical equipment from pumps to chillers
- 5.7 miles of buried storm pipe
- 3.8 miles of buried water pipe
- 2.3 miles of buried sanitary pipe
- .80 miles of buried steam and condensate pipe (for heating)
- 2.1 miles of buried high voltage cable
Our campus currently consumes 31,848,000 cubic feet of water per year.
We currently use 19,695,940 kWh of electricity per year, enough to supply electricity to approximately 1,788 homes for a year. Based on enrollment for the Fall 2010 semester, each student consumed a total of 2,217 kWh of electricity.
Our campus currently consumes 1,201,625 CCF of natural gas per year, enough to heat approximately 1,401 homes for a year. Based on enrollment for the Fall 2010 semester, each student consumed a total of 135 CCF of natural gas.
The campus is comprised of 210 acres. The grounds crew is responsible for maintaining:
- 56 acres of land
- 2.9 miles of roads
- 17.5 acres of parking lots
- 5.2 miles of sidewalks
- 264,678 square feet in the Monteith Parking Structure
- and repairing a fleet of 42 road vehicles
Between July 1, 2009 and June 30, 2010, there were 8,444 work orders issued/requested.
Our campus currently has 23 buildings totaling 1,028,402 gross square feet which we maintain and clean daily. (Note: FCN & FCS are currently receiving facilities services under a service agreement with Ford Motor Land as part of the purchase agreement.)