UM-Dearborn Connect

Web for Faculty Resources

General Final Grading Information

Requirements to utilize Web grading: User ID, PIN, and assignment as course Primary Instructor.

UM-Dearborn Connect Login

  • User ID: Your User ID is your UMID/EMPL ID.
  • PIN: For security purposes, your PIN for entering UM-Dearborn Connect is a random six-digit number. Your PIN may be obtained in-person at the Office of Registration & Records (1169 UC) or via e-mail to

Once you have logged into the secure site, you may change your PIN (do not use your birth date) by clicking on "Change Your PIN," located under the Personal Information main menu.

**You have three tries to login correctly. If unsuccessful, your PIN will be disabled. You must contact the Office of Registration and Records to reactivate your PIN.

**Security Q&A - During your first login into the system, you will be required to enter a security question and answer. If you forget your PIN, this Q&A will enable you to reset your PIN and gain access to your information.

**During the Grading period, the Web "idle" time-out is extended to 30 minutes. The Web will automatically log out after 30 minutes of inactivity. To ensure your grades are being submitted (saved), please click the Submit button often to save your grades!

**The web grade sheet lists 25 students per page. If your course has more than 25 students, click the Submit button to save any entered grades, then click one of the Current Record Set buttons to advance to the next page. It is essential that you click the Submit button to save your grades prior to advancing to the next page. Failure to do so will cause a loss of all grades entered on the page. The Current Record Set buttons are located directly above and below the list of students.

**Beginning the second day of exams, grades will be "rolled" daily at approximately 3:00 p.m. The "roll" process (done in the Office of Registration &Records) posts the final grade(s) you submit to the student's Academic History. The grade is then available to the student via UM-Dearborn Connect. Review your grades carefully and make changes immediately. Once grades are rolled, the grades cannot be changed via the Web. If you need to change a grade(s) for a student after the "roll" process has been performed on your course, you must complete a Supplementary Grade Report form and forward it to your Academic Unit for processing.

**Electronic Signature - Your PIN is your electronic signature in the online grading system. You are not required to submit copies of your grade sheets to the Office of Registration and Records. If you wish, you may print a copy of your grade sheets for your records.

**I (Incomplete) or X (Absent from Exam) grades - The College of Arts, Sciences, and Letters, College of Engineering and Computer Science, College of Education, Health, and Human Services, and College of Business require an original I Grade Contract Form for I grades. Contracts for X grades will no longer be required. Rackham does not require either.

Any I grades submitted without an I Grade Contract Form will be converted to IE grades. An I Grade Contract Form may be printed here or obtained from your college record's office.

If at any point you need assistance with web grading
contact the Office of Registration & Records at
(313) 583-6500.