Seasonal Nature Exploration
Program Length, Season and Appropriate Grade Levels
- This program lasts 1-1/2 to 2 hours, and can be adapted to suit your needs.
- The program is offered year–round.
- Appropriate for Grade Levels pre-K-8.
Program Description and Activities
This program allows participants to explore natural habitats by taking a very general approach to nature discovery.
Your students will be engaged in a multifaceted program experience that may include:.
- Enjoying encounters with local wildlife.
- Connecting the activities of wildlife encountered to the season.
- Developing a sense of inquiry and wonder about the natural world.
- Becoming more knowledgeable about the wildlife and habitats of their local area.
State of Michigan Grade Level Content Expectations (GLCEs) and High School Content Expectations (HSCEs) Applicable to this Program
The Environmental Interpretive Center’s educational programs provide environmental information, hands–on experiences, and inquiry challenges for Michigan students in line with Michigan’s Grade Level Content Expectations (GLCEs). Teachers can find a link below to content standards, statements, and grade level expectations applicable to the program "Seasonal Nature Exploration."
Migration and Conservation Invasive Species Land, Life and People:
Making Connections Maple Syrup Science Plant Identification
and Ecology Pollination Partnerships Pond Explorations Seasonal Nature Explorations Soil Science
and Stewardship Trip of a Drip Understanding Insects
and Spiders Using the Scientific