Thank you for your interest in the University of Michigan-Dearborn Early Childhood Education Center (ECEC) programs. Please visit the Applications page to submit applications online and the Tuition and Fees page for our program rates and the tuition calculator.
If you have any additional questions about the ECEC programs, please feel free to call the Center at 313-593-5424.
All applications for new children are placed on a continuous waiting list first in order of priority (see below) then by date of submission. When we reach your application on the waitlist, you will be contacted by email with available openings and given two days to respond. If you decline an offered opening, your application will be moved to the end of the waitlist. If there is not an opening for your child during the school year for which you apply, your child will remain on the waiting list for the next available enrollment period.
The priorities for enrollment and choice of hours are:
- UM-Dearborn Students, Faculty, and Regular Staff – A “student” is defined as one of the following:
- · Undergraduate – Registered for a minimum of 6 credit hours for Fall and Winter terms and a minimum of 2 credit hours for Summer I and Summer II terms.
- · Graduate – Registered for a minimum of 3 credit hours for Fall and Winter terms and a minimum of 1 credit hour for Summer I and Summer II terms.
- Current Family Siblings
- Oakwood’s Center for Exceptional Families Staff & Children
- UM-Dearborn Alumni Families
- Community – Any person not currently a UM-Dearborn students, faculty, staff, alumnus or CEF student.
Kindergarten spots are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Children must be 5 years old by December 1, 2012 to enroll in the UM-Dearborn ECEC Kindergarten for the 2012-2013 school year. To learn more about the UM-Dearborn ECEC Kindergarten, please call 313-593-5424 to schedule a tour.
The ECEC is pleased to offer our Summer Day Camps for children ages 3 through 7. Camps are held Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Spend this summer exploring unique materials. Create with clay, tinker with tiles, whirl with wire and dabble with dirt and other natural materials.
Our beautiful studio and garden provide the venue for creative development, problem solving skills, and collaborative strategies within multi-age groups. Experience all these inspiring opportunities along with the joy of sprinklers, water play and other summer fun.
Children will spend time this summer investigating concepts of building, motion, balance, cause and effect, critical thinking, and perspective taking. These skills will be enhanced by exploring ramps, pathways, pulleys, gears and gravity.
- Innovative Engineers and Awesome Artists - July 8 - August 2, 2013
- $350 per two week session (UM-Dearborn Faculty/Staff/Student Discounted Rate $315)