Volunteer - Make a Difference
Alumni are a crucial component in building the University’s “Legacy of Excellence.” There are plenty of opportunities for alumni to play an instrumental role on campus. The possibilities of engagement are endless, however, a few ideas are listed below. Review this information and let us know how you would like to continue your University of Michigan–Dearborn legacy. GO BLUE!
Alumni Boards – Work with faculty, staff and students to enhance students’ experience, increase admission and improve community involvement. The affiliate boards work on specific projects and events throughout the year. These activities may vary year to year but much of the work is done through ad hoc committees which will meet occasionally in the months leading immediately prior to the activity and then take a hiatus until needed again in the future.
- Alumni Society Board
- College of Business Affiliate Board
- School of Education Affiliate Board
- College of Arts, Sciences and Letters Affiliate Board
- College of Engineering and Computer Science Affiliate Board
- African American Affiliate Board
- Graduates of the Last Decade (GOLD) Affiliate Board
- Public Affairs Alumni Affiliate
Homecoming Committee – work with Alumni Relations staff to coordinate an exciting homecoming week for all alumni. Providing advice on activities that will be of interest to alumni, assisting in promoting the activities to friend and former classmates and generating excitement among the UM-Dearborn alumni community are only a few of the things with which we need help. Committee meetings will take place in person and/or on the phone 3-5 times between June and October of each year.
- Maize and Blue Bowl (flag football game)
- Family Fun Night
- U-M football homecoming alumni tailgate
- Alumni Difference Makers Awards
- Class of 1962 - 50th anniversary reception
- SOE 25th anniversary celebration
Professional and Educational Development opportunities (Student and Alumni) – work with the Alumni Relations Office, individual college/school program or Career Services in a variety of activities that help promote educational or professional development.
- Be a class guest speaker
- Became a mentor for current students
- Have your company join our student internship and co-op program
- Join one of our one-day community service activities held periodically throughout the year
- Have your company participate in annual Career Fairs
- Participate in COB Professional Development Week
For more information on any of our volunteer opportunities fill out the interest form below or contact:
Alumni Resource Coordinator