Hours of Instruction
Full-time students are expected to attend at least 18 hours per week of English instruction in addition to required service learning activiies. These activities are meant to give students a chance to use their English skills with native speakers, develop connections with native and non-native sudents, and help the local community.
Individual courses meet anywhere from one to nine hours per week in a variety of day/time options. For more information, see the detailed course descriptions.
The ELPP follows UM-Dearborn's academic calendar.
This includes the following semesters (the months listed are only intended to give a general outline of the duration of each semester):
- Fall: September - December
- Winter: January - April
- Summer I - May - June
- Summer II - July - August
The ELPP offers various courses to supprt English learners from beginning proficiency levels up through highly advanced levels. Courses include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oral Communication (Listening/Speaking/Pronunciation)
- English Proficiency Test Prep
- Inclusion and Cultural Immersion
- Specially designed English courses to supplement academic coursework
- Specially designed math courses
For more information see detailed course descriptions.