Before establishing a UM-Dearborn social media presence, it is essential that you take some time to think about the strategy and long-term sustainability of the site. Answering the questions below and creating a content map (including planned posts for the next month) will help insure that your social media presence is a success.
Why are you establishing a social media presence?
- What do you plan to achieve with this social medium?
- Inform? Encourage dialogue? Share information? What kind of information?
- What platform(s) will you use to achieve this?
- Who will be reading and commenting on your social media? Who are you trying to engage?
Execution and Maintenance
- Who will establish the social media site?
- Who will be the administrator and maintain the site?
- Do you have the support of senior leadership?
- How often do you plan to update it? (Sites should be updated at least once to twice a week, and depending on the type of social media, more frequently).
- How will you make connection to other UM-Dearborn social media sites?
- How will you measure the outcomes to know that you have met your goals?