Illness and Injuries/Accidents
For Incidents Involving Employees:
- Notify your supervisor immediately after a work-related illness/injury occurs.
- Let your supervisor know that you would like medical treatment if treatment is needed between 8am - 5pm, Monday-Friday. Contact Public Safety at (3-5933) if medical treatment is needed after hours or in the event of a life-threatening injury.
- Your supervisor will report the incident and receive authorization to send you to Midwest Health Center, P.C./Metropolitan Airport Office Center - Romulus (map/information), the University's designated treatment facility for work-related injuries for medical treatment (after hours and weekend treatment is provided by the Midwest Health Center,P.C. facility located in Dearborn, Michigan.)
The basic steps for supervisors to report employee incidents and receive treatment authorization are:
- The employee's supervisor must immediately contact either Business Affairs at (3-5110) or Public Safety at (3-5933) to report the incident. Business Affairs or Public Safety will send an authorization form to Midwest Health Center, P.C./Metropolitan Airport Office Center - Romulus (map/information), the University's diesgnated treatment facility for work-related injures for medical treatment. (After hours and weekend treatment is provided by the Midwest Health Center, P.C. facility located in Dearborn, Michigan)
- The supervisor must complete the Work~Connections Illness or Injury Report Form and mail or fax it to Business Affairs (at 1110 AB, Fax: 593-5111). Do not send the form directly to Ann Arbor Work~Connections.
For Incidents Involving Non-Employees:
Contact the Public Safety office from any University telephone at 3-5933 or 911, or from any non-University phone at (313) 593-5333. An Injury Report for Non-Employees form should be completed. (These forms are available in the offices of Public Safety, Business Affairs, and Human Resources.) The original should be sent to Tina Jordan, Business Affairs (1110 Administration Building).