Procedures for On-Campus Commercial Filming, Videotaping, and Photography
- View our database of location photos and become familiar with our guidelines and fees.
- Send us a complete script or storyboard for our review and approval. Send to: Beth Marmarelli, Associate Director, Communications and Marketing, 4901 Evergreen Road 1040 AB, Dearborn, MI 48128, 313-593-5542, email@example.com.
- Arrange a scouting visit to the site locations you want to use in your project. The film liaison will help you secure access to facilities and accompany you to the site locations.
- Complete the appropriate Filming, Videotaping, and Photography Application Form.
30 days prior to shooting
- Send the application form to Beth Marmarelli.
- The UM-Dearborn Film Office must approve your project. Requests may be denied if the overall content of the script is in conflict with the goals and ideals of the University. Most requests are approved within 10 days.
- Once approval is granted, contact your film liaison to set up an appointment to walk through all site locations and to discuss details of the shoot.
14 to 10 days prior to shooting
- Visit site locations with a Facilities and Operations representative.
- Firm up locations, timing, and final requirements with campus film liaison.
- Submit a certificate of general liability insurance.
- If you are a student or faculty and plan to use University equipment, submit proof of insurance covering the equipment.
3 days prior to shooting
- Submit full payment of fees and a signed contract to your film liaison.