The Smoke Free Campus Steering Committee will:
- Seek input from students, staff and faculty through both dialogue and online feedback channels.
- Identify best practices at other peer institutions and organizations that have become smoke free.
- Identify implementation recommendations including the pros and cons
- Communicate with the campus members regarding this issue.
- Organized Great American Smoke Out Event
- Facilitated Smoker Focus Groups
- Posted signage around campus announcing policy
- Utilized Reporter story and campus email to communicate change to campus
Things to come:
- Student survey
- Student communication events
- UM-Dearborn community tool-kit
- Possible smoking cessation classes for UM-Dearborn faculty, staff and students (dependent on interest)