Archiving Master Thesis Completion Checklist
- Once a recommendation from the thesis committee has been granted, please make an appointment with the Graduate Studies Office for a final format check of your master's thesis.
- Please provide one clean copy of the thesis paper and the signed approval page to the Graduate Studies Office. Be sure to follow the format provided by the link above for the signed approval page. The guidelines for formatting the thesis paper are as follows:
a) Paper quality (good quality paper-photocopy paper is acceptable)
b) Font: (common non-script serif font e.g. Times New Roman, New Century Schoolbook, etc).
c) Margins ( Left: 1.5” Right 1.0” Top 1.0” Bottom: 1.0”)
d) Pagination: (not less than ˝ inch and not more than 1 inch from the top or bottom edge of the paper)
- Once the formatting requirement is met, the Graduate Studies office will send notification to the student and to the graduate department.
- The university requires two copies of the master’s thesis: one for the library and one for the library archives. Please provide two single-sided copies of the completed thesis on plain white paper and the original approval page to the Graduate Studies Office, 1080 Administration Building. There is no charge to the student for the two required bounded copies.
- If the student’s department requires bounded copies of the thesis, there is a charge of $10.10 per copy (as of October 1, 2013). Please provide a single-sided copy of the completed thesis for each copy needed for the department on plain white paper and a copy of the approval page to the Graduate Studies Office, 1080 Administration Building.
- If desired, students may purchase personal copies of their bounded thesis through the bindery used by the university, the HF Group. Students can place their orders by completing the HF Group order form, submit a single-sided copy of the thesis for each personal copy needed, and a check to the Graduate Studies Office.