International Graduate Admissions
The University of Michigan-Dearborn is committed to building a diverse learning community and welcomes applications from qualified international students.
Each graduate program has its own admission criteria. Visit Graduate Studies for a listing of the programs available along with links to complete information. In addition to program admission requirements, please note the additional requirements for International students described below.
Students may submit their application first and then send any additional materials later. All correspondence must be in English and should contain the full name of the applicant.
International Checklist of Required Materials for Admissions
- Completed application form and any program-specific supporting materials.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions
- English Language Proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS or MELAB)
- Full Financial Support Information (Required for F and J Visa Students only)
- Health Insurance
- SEVIS DS-2019 Request Form (J Visa Students only)
- Transfer Clearance document (required if student has a previous SEVIS I-20)
For the fall semester
For the winter semester
For the summer semester
*These deadlines are advisory in nature only and separate from indiviual graduate program application deadlines. Most of our graduate programs operate on a rolling admision basis though a few have hard deadlines including our doctoral programs and the MS in Psychology program. For those with rolling deadlines, we will continue to review applications received if there is space available. An importnt factor to keep in mind is the time it migt take to get a visa interview and approval from your local embassy or consulate. See the Department of State's website for current approximate wait times.