Emergency Preparedness at the University of Michigan - Dearborn
Emergencies, disasters, accidents, injuries, and crimes can occur without warning at any time. Being physically and psychologically prepared to handle unexpected emergencies is an individual as well as an organizational responsibility.
If you have any questions concerning a unique situation not covered in this reference, need additional emergency information, or would like to schedule a training course, please contact the University of Michigan-Dearborn Department of Public Safety and Environmental Health at 593-5333 or the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Office at 593-4914.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO PREPARE:
- Keep emergency supplies in your office or laboratory (medications, flashlights, comfortable shoes, bottled water, batteries, and portable radios).
- Become familiar with the quickest exit route from your building.
- Locate the nearest fire extinguisher and pull station.
- Schedule crime prevention courses with Public Safety and Environmental Health
- Schedule fire extinguisher training or other safety courses with the OSEH office.