News and Announcements

Online Academic Integrity Tutorial

Posted

November 19, 2007

The University of Michigan–Dearborn has an online academic integrity tutorial.  The tutorial is adapted from the VAIL Tutor at the University of Maryland University College.  The adaptation is the result of the work of many people on campus, including people at ITS, the Academic Integrity Task Force, the Information Technology Advisory Committee, the Office of the Provost, and the Faculty Senate. 

The tutorial is not a University requirement for graduation, but individual faculty may choose to make it a requirement for their courses.  This memo is meant to provide basic information about the tutorial in case you wish to use it in your classes in some way. 

To access the tutorial, go to http://webapps.umd.umich.edu/aim.  

The tutorial consists of three informational sections and one quiz section.  The parts of the tutorial can be visited in any order.  The tutorial is not password-protected except for the quiz, which requires your UM-D uniqname and password: 

Once students (or faculty!) have successfully completed the exam, they will receive an email certifying their success.  If you wish to check which of your students have passed the quiz, go to https://webapps.umd.umich.edu/aim/results/results.pl.  Once you have logged in using your uniqname and Kerberos password, you will be sent to the following page, where you can either look up a specific student or see the links for the courses you are teaching in the current, next, or previous terms:

Upon choosing a term, you can choose a course, and will be guided to the class list for that course, including date of completion for those students who have completed the quiz.  We can’t share a screenshot of that, of course, since it has student information.  Go see for yourself, it looks great.

We hope this information is helpful for those of you who wish to include this tutorial in your course.  For any technical questions, contact the ITS helpdesk at helpdesk@umd.umich.edu or 593-HELP.  The Faculty Senate also welcomes your feedback: contact a Senator or your Faculty Senate secretary Debbie Skoll at dlskoll@umd.umich.edu

The UM-Dearborn Faculty Senate